- Ayers, John. Ceramics of the World: From 4000 B.C. to the Present. Lorenzo Camusso and Sandro Bortone (eds). New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc., 1992.
- Ganse, Shirley. Chinese Porcelain An Export to the World. Hong Kong: Joint Publishing (H.K.) Company Limited, 2008.
- Garnsey, Wanda and Rew Alley. China: Ancient Kilns and Modern Ceramics. Canberra: Australian National University Press, 1983.
- Peterson, Susan and Jan Peterson. The Craft and Art of Clay: A Complete Potter’s Handbook. 5th ed. Great Britain: Laurence King Publishing, 1992.
Types of Porcelain
- For information related to specific designs/ware; example: famille rose and clobbered ware.
- Unless otherwise stated by citation, all images were taken by Kathleen Dusseault and belong to Special Collections and Museums at Truman State University.